Monday, January 10, 2011

let the healing begin?

what if it's already begun....and you're just not really eager to catch up???

i never have really liked roller coasters. they make me want to vomit.

and the worst part about this one.....

i can't get off.

and maybe....

part of me doesn't really want to.

i don't know what to do with that.

i feel like, if i get off...

i might forget.

and i can't take that risk.

confusion...

overwhelming.

broken...the new series at church. "let the healing begin" was the title of this morning. we learned how we have to allow God into the brokenness, and let others know that we are broken, so that they can help us get to the point of allowing God into the brokenness. for healing.

God has done miraculous things in my life. he has brought me to a place, that 5 months ago, yes 5, i never dreamed i would be. He has healed parts of my heart that i didn't necessarily ask Him to heal. He has picked me up and spoken through me, and used me to reach others. i know that others hearts have been touched by God. they tell me. but somehow, even in the healing that has taken place, my head sees it, and my head understands it. i have encountered the God that i read about in the Bible. the God that i know, that i know, that i KNOW exists. my head has seen the miraculous things in my life. but my heart. oh my heart. my heart doesn't believe it sometimes. my heart is stuck, in the hospital room, holding my baby. my heart is stuck, on the floor, crying out to God. please help me Jesus. I can't do this without you. Jesus is helping, everyday. then why does it still hurt so bad. why can i not pick myself up off of this floor. literally. he sent angels to me today. and they carried me. but why. why do the things that i read and the things that i hear make sense in my head, but my heart refuses to listen.

i'm afraid. i dont want to listen. i don't want to let go of my broken heart. i'm fine with going throughout my day with a smile plastered on my face. everything is ok. i can pretend all day long. i can reach out to others and help them through their greatest needs. i can share Jesus to a dark and dying world. i can live with a God given purpose and do mighty things in His name. i'm fine with all that. really i am. but at the end of the day, when i crawl into bed, i long to go back to that place. to that cold sterile room, with my heart in my arms. where i could touch and feel and smell and see. that he was here, and he was real. he wasn't just a figment of my imagination. he was a part of me. he is a part of me. i never ever want to let that go. even with the ache that fills my heart with the thoughts and memories that flood my head. i need it, i crave it. i welcome the release of tears when they fall. it's like coming up out of the water and finally getting air.

sometimes i wonder. i don't think i'm very normal. to me it makes absolute and perfect sense. but i can see the looks of confused and worried faces of the kind souls reading this blog. i can feel their pity. and i can sense their pleas for the words to say. i don't remember what it was like to feel normal. i don't even know what is normal.

confusion...

overwhelming.

3 comments:

one of nettie's girls said...

I am neither confused or worried. What you are feeling is so normal. I remember when my sweet mother passed away that I cried one day when I realized that it was the first morning I woke up without my first thought being of how much I missed her. I didn't want to let go of my crushing grief. I felt like that would be letting go of her and her importance in my life. Feel what you feel and don't let anyone make you feel like you are "dwelling" or not moving on. Grief is a long process. If you rush it you will miss part of what you need to feel and learn. Praying for you daily.

The Robinson's said...

I love you Miranda! There's not a day that goes by that I don't think about you and sweet Kristopher. What a blessing to be a part of such a sweet boys life. I know God is teaching/growing many people through your brokenness, including me. Thank you for sharing your strength. Praying for you, Justin, Stephen often. I love you!

Anonymous said...

There is no pity. There is no confusion. Just a heart connection, and a willingness to lift you up the the one who knows, the one who sees, the one who is able. When a broken teacup is repaired, the lines remain. It will still hold tea. If we focus on the lines rather than the warm nourishmet of the tea, we miss the purpose of the cup. He flows through you. The scars will remain, but you are a vessel of his kingdom. You hold the tea. If a crack springs a leak, he will repair it again. The tea will be served. You are the servant. Blessings to you friend....
Melissa

Post a Comment